In addition to the Johns Hopkins Hospital, the Schools of Medicine, Nursing and the Bloomberg School of Public Health are adjacent to the campus. Synergistic resources are also available from the Carey Business School and Whiting School of Engineering. Link for School Details
Opportunities to collaborate with some of the best scientists in the world are located right next to the Science + Technology Park at Johns Hopkins.
For more than a decade, the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine has been the leading recipient of research grants from the National Institutes of Health. The University’s research scientists file hundreds of patent applications annually, and numerous start-up biotech companies have been established using technologies created there.
- First U.S. research university.
- Nation’s leading hospital, school of public health and biomedical engineering program; premier medical school.
- $10 billion economic impact annually.
- Johns Hopkins leads all U.S. universities in winning federal R&D funding.
- Faculty includes two Nobel Prize winners, four National Medal of Science winners, five Lasker Award winners and five MacArthur Fellows.
- Three acute care hospitals.
- Over 820,000 outpatient visits annually.
- Over 45 start-up biotech companies developed with Hopkins-related technologies.
- Researchers and patients from all over the world. (see International Connections)